Would an information mashup benefit your organization?
We would expect information mashups to be popular with organizations that have one or more of the following needs and characteristics:
- The content solution is not complete without both structured and unstructured information
- Need for a web-based, interactive solution that includes capabilities like multi-person blogs and comments
- Need to keep development of structured and unstructured content solutions separate
- The content for structured and unstructured solutions is produced and assembled by multiple organizations that use different tools and operational procedures
- Need for a branding/styling solution that avoids the complexities of XSLT
- Need to avoid the high cost and extreme complexity of turnkey or highly customized solutions
The diagram below illustrates some of the key challenges organizations face in a structured/unstructured situation. We believe these challenges can be overcome with a collaborative environment and an information mashup similar to the ones we have created with our model websites.